LOW TEMPERATURE RISE
SolaHD low temperature rise transformers feature a 220°C insulation system and temperature rise of only 80°C or 115°C
under full nameplate load. Reduction in temperature rise increases reliability.
The 35°C thermal reserve on 115°C rise units and 70°C reserve on 80°C rise units definitely mean higher reliability. The extra benefit is being able to operate either of these transformers as a 150°C rise unit and have a short term overload capacity of 15-30% without compromising normal life expectancy (See Figure 1 below).
Low temperature rise transformers are designed for any critical application requiring extra overload capability and cooler operating temperatures.
All are available with either a 115°C or 80°C thermal rise and a Class 220°C
Accessories and Optional Design Styles
• Wall mounting brackets (500 lbs maximum) (Item WB1C)
• Weather Shields (UL Listed/NEMA Type 3R)
• Stainless Steel Enclosures
• Totally enclosed non-ventilated designs (TENV) (Non UL) *
• Open core and coil designs (UL Recognized)
• Copper Wound designs
• Compliant to NEMA TP-1 standards